List of Music Industry Terms and Companies Beginning with the Letter A
by No. 1 Best Selling Author, Jaci Rae
- A Cappella: Singing without music.
- Add: Also known as Add-ons. A song or CD added to a radio station's playlist.
- AFM: Also known as The American Federation of Musicians. Founded in 1896, The American Federation of Musicians is an organization that sets the standard for wages, contract formats (known as the AFM Performance Agreement) as well as working conditions for U.S. musicians. The AFM also provides a variety of benefits to artists such as legal aid, pensions, job referrals and insurance coverage.
- AFTRA: Also known as The American Federation of Television and Radio Artists. AFTRA was established in 1937 and is a union that represents professional actors, singers, dancers and broadcasters on radio and television.
- ASCAP: Also known as The American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers. ASCAP was formed in 1914. ASCAP handles the licensing and royalty distribution on behalf of its members.
North Shore Records, Inc. and Jaci Rae are not responsible for, nor do we recommend any people who may be listed in this article. Please be sure to carefully check references and verify that anyone with whom you proceed into a business arrangement is legitimate.